CeraVe Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser
Acne is a common skin concern at any age, spanning from the teen years to adulthood. An effective acne cleanser is the first step of an anti-acne regimen and it sets the stage for other products that follow, including over-the-counter and prescription-based acne treatments. Beyond helping to clear acne pimples and blackheads, and acne cleanser with benzoyl peroxide can also help give acne blemishes a chance to heal while maintaining the skin’s barrier.
Ceramides are an essential component of the skin’s barrier. Their levels can be depleted over time by using harsh skin care products, which can lead to a potential increase in dryness and irritation. Acne-prone skin has been associated with lower levels of ceramides that play a key role in the skin’s protective barrier, so an acne face wash that is formulated with these lipids may be able to help maintain clear skin.
CeraVe is the #1 dermatologist-recommended moisturizer brand for acne*, and our first acne-treatment product with 4% benzoyl peroxide is backed by well-established skincare knowledge and expertise. The new CeraVe Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser acne face wash is formulated to thoroughly dissolve dirt and excess oil while clearing acne with 4% benzoyl peroxide. This formula also features hyaluronic acid to help retain the skin’s natural moisture and niacinamide to provide soothing benefits, while allowing the skin to heal.
Developed with dermatologists, this 4% benzoyl peroxide cleanser clears acne breakouts and helps prevent new blemishes from forming. Gentle on the skin, CeraVe Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser helps maintain the skin’s barrier with three essential ceramides, leaves skin feeling soft and comfortable, and reduces acne without dryness or flaking.
*#1 recommended non-OTC moisturizer brand for acne-prone skin.
4% Benzoyl peroxide:
- Helps clear acne and blackheads.
- Helps prevent new acne pimples from forming and allows the skin to heal.
Ceramides: Help maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
Hyaluronic acid: Attracts hydration to the skin’s surface and helps the skin retain moisture.
Niacinamide: Helps calm the skin.
Developed with dermatologists.
HOW TO USE
- Use every morning and evening.
- Apply a dime-size amount to damp skin and gently massage, avoiding the eye area.
- Rinse well.
- Use acne face wash on the entire affected area one to two times daily.
- Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to two times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor.
- If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.
- If going outside, apply sunscreen after using this product. If irritation or sensitivity develops, stop the use of both products or ask a doctor.
Active Ingredient: Benzoyl Peroxide 4%
Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Xanthan Gum, Potassium Hydroxide, Ceramide Np, Ceramide Ap, Ceramide Eop, Carbomer, Niacinamide, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium Hydroxide, Cholesterol, Phenoxyethanol, Propanediol, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium Edta, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Phytosphingosine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzoic Acid